You Are Reading

OUGD502 - Studio Brief 1 - The Growing Bones Collection - Branding and Identity.

Having experience in completely branding a company before I knew the amount of time I needed to spend on it to make sure it was right.

I began by pulling together the company ethics which consisted of:

Creativity.
Hand crafted.
Student based.
Professional.
Independent.
New.
Unique.
Premium Quality.

These strung together lead me to some sketches of what I was imagining it to be like.


Remembering again what I was putting into consideration, I was throwing it out the window and making it look very corporate and completely missing the creativity aspect of the project, which at the end of the day, is the most important part.


With some more sketching, I found myself onto something. Two bones crossing over each other, becoming a pen and pencil. The name having four words in it made it easy to factor this into each gap of the cross. When playing on illustrator, it all came together. 



Everyone I spoke to afterwards said the design reflected the ethics and considerations perfectly, I too was very happy with the outcome and found myself with an identity and a main typeface too.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.